The HP Notebook 15-ay138ca has been built to perform and enables smooth everyday multitasking with Windows 10, an Intel Core i5 processor with a 1 Terabyte hard drive and 8 GB of DDR4 SDRAM, to help you fly through errands, work, and more. The laptop allows you to navigate applications and the internet intuitively and with ease through its vibrant touchscreen.
Processor: Intel Core i5-7200U
Memory: 8 GB of DDR4 SDRAM
Storage: 1 Terabyte
Screen: 15.6 inches
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Solid and robust performance for normal activities and smooth multitasking are provided with a 7th generation Intel Core i5-7200U processor backed by 8GB DDR4 SDRAM.
- The 15.6-inch HD SVA WLED screen is backlit and has 1366 x 768 resolution to deliver vibrant colors and clear, crisp visuals.
- An immersive multimedia experience with great audio is provided by dual speakers with DTS Studio Sound.
- The HP TrueVision webcam faces to the font and has an integrated digital microphone to ensure video calls that are crystal clear.
- Full size island style keyboard offers a comfortable typing experience.
- The main speakers are positioned on the bottom front of the laptop. This mean that the audio is good when the laptop is on a hard surface but gets grainy and muffled placed on a soft surface i.e. a bed.
- The screen is the only feature of the laptop that is lacking, with a lackluster TN panel with very poor color.
- As a touchscreen, the panel was so bad at tracking fast gestures that I eventually stopped using it.
Overall the HP 15-AY138CA is the best laptop you can get for less than $500, although other laptops such as the HP Pavilion x360 11T and the Dell Inspiron 15 5000 come close.
The HP 15-AY138CA is a stunning machine. The looks impress and it has the specs and performance to back it up. If you add up the sleek look, fantastic keyboard and a great trackpad, this is definitely a winner.