A commanding multimedia hub and portable workstation, the ZenBook UX430 laptop delivers huge on technology without compromise. Its lightweight, sleek and thin form is packed with a i5 2.5GHz processor, DDR4 RAM (16GB), a 512GB SSD, and an NVIDIA GT940MX graphics card. Add up to 9 hours of battery life to this and you have a winner.
Processor: Intel Core i5-7200U
Memory: 16 GB of DDR 4 RAM
Storage: 512 GB SSD
Screen: 14 inches
Operating System: Windows 10 (64-Bit)
- Whether you want to indulge in your favorite multimedia entertainment, meet deadlines, or need to multitask, the Intel Core i5-7200U dual-core processor running at 2.5GHz will enable you to perform swiftly and accurately.
- The 512GB SSD will give you lightning-fast access to all your frequently used files and software applications.
- A full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution displays brilliant visuals with vibrant colors, bringing any content to life.
- The keyboard is full-sized and backlit, and incorporates a single-piece design enabling a superior typing experience
- The touchpad is precision engineered to be comfortable to use and precise in response.
- 9 hour performance is enabled through the 50Wh lithium polymer battery that retains most of its charge even through hundreds of cycles.
- Weighing a mere 1.25kg, and just 15.9mm thick, the ZenBook UX430 is lightweight and compact.
- The glossy NIL coating is not to my taste.
- Sharp edges on the underside makes it tricky to handle.
- Full sized HDMI and Thunderbolt 3 ports are sadly lacking.
- The cooling system is not very efficient as it heats up under load.
The UX430 is a Zenbook on steroids, with its excellent display, a stunning keyboard, super-fast hardware, extended battery life and speakers that are very capable. Despite having all that performance, it’s not expensive at all, so it should do well with average consumers wanting a light and compact all round laptop at around 1k, which can also play some games.