Ideally suited for both work and leisure, the ASUS VivoBook E402 laptop is made for everyday pursuits and projects. Driven by an Intel Pentium N4200 processor supported by 8 gigs of DDR3 memory, the VivoBook E402 has a large 1 Terabyte hard drive, and a 14-inch HD display. Connecting to and expanding with other devices is made possible through USB 3.0, HDMI, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology.
Processor: Intel Quad-Core Pentium N4200
Memory: 8 GB of DDR3 RAM
Storage: 1 Terabyte
Screen: 14 inch
Operating System: Windows 10 64-Bit
- Intel Pentium N4200 processor and 8GB of DDR3 RAM delivers stable performance to normal computing tasks with ease.
- Bring all your content to life with the 14″ HD LED display with a resolution of 1366 x 768
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet port enables for reliable wired connection that could potentially result in faster upload and download speeds
- Type-C USB port enables connecting compatible devices easily. USB 3.1 functionality is supported, offering ultra-fast transfer speeds
- ASUS’ Splendid technology allows display parameters and settings to be fine-tuned to allow brilliant colors and vibrant visuals
- The surface temperature of the palm rest is kept between 28 and 35 degrees Celsius with IceCool technology
- Poor performance
- Display is dim
- Excessive bloatware
The stumbling performance of the Asus VivoBook E402’s makes multitasking impossible. The configuration comprising an Intel Pentium N4200 processor, a 1 Terabyte hard drive and 8 GB of RAM, doesn’t allow for much productivity. The laptop started to stutter and lag once three tabs were opened in Chrome, and that became more pronounced when the tabs contained complex web pages.
When switching from Chrome to the Netflix app to watch TV or movies, a remarkable upgrade in smoothness and clarity was however experienced.
The laptop isn’t all bad, as it packs surprisingly powerful speakers and a comfortable keyboard, but it is difficult to recommend.